In general, I am not a fan of New Years Resolutions because if I decide on some goal I just go and work on it. I feel that many people like to put off unpleasant things and say, "I'll do it for my resolution in the next year" so they can avoid working on issues throughout the holidays.
That said, I've been pestered so much about my NYR that I do, in fact, have a few. So here they are, you can stop asking now.
1) Get a part-time job. Right now I'm in a conundrum, if I make more than $906 a month (pre-tax) I lose my free health benefits. Even if I get a full-time job with benefits, everything I'm being treated for is a pre-existing condition. DC minimum wage is $8.25/hr. That means at minimum wage my maximum hours is about 27 a week. I'd like to find a job working 15-20 hours a week, just to give myself that cushion for times they call me in extra.
2) Go to school. Either I need my EMT-B or to sign up for fall classes at UDC. Either way, this will require money, thus the above job.
3) Learn Spanish. I hope to finally visit somewhere outside the US this year, and we are planning a trip to the Dominican Republic (maybe). Yes, I know they also speak English there. I'm going to learn general Spanish on my own, but I am looking for someone who speaks Dominican Spanish.
4) Run a better 5K time, and run my first 10K.
5) Learn kung-fu. I plan to do this in spring, so I can have plenty of outdoor practice time.
6) Get off my butt and finally starting volunteering as a clinic escort as I'd planned to do last year. See what happens when you have NYRs?
7) Focus Focus Focus and spend less time online goofing off.
That's all I can think of right at the moment.